Jobs and Internships
The mission of The Pablove Foundation is to fund pediatric cancer research and advances in treatment, educate and empower cancer families, and improve the quality of life for children living with cancer through hospital play, music and arts programs.
The Marketing Director reports to the Senior Director and the Executive Director and serves as a member of our Leadership Team to develop and implement organizational strategies, policies and practices. The position’s primary responsibility is to oversee the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and media and community relations on a local and national level. This position will be responsible for planning and implementing overall communications efforts to advance The Pablove Foundation through press, media, community relations, special events, cause marketing initiatives, and print, electronic, and social media.
All employees at The Pablove Foundation undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evening and weekends. This position is required to travel.
- Create an overall marketing strategy that increases the public visibility of The Pablove Foundation and elevates awareness both locally and nationally.
- Ensure consistent communication of image, brand, and position to external and internal properties.
- Seek collaboration with brands and corporations to increase The Pablove Foundation’s reach and marketing revenue.
- Supervise paid and earned media including advertising and media relations; write press releases, media alerts and PSAs; create and distribute press kits; correspond with press contacts and pitch stories; oversee calendar listings; maintain database with press contacts; maintains press and marketing archives; and seeks media sponsorships.
- Write, edit, and coordinate production of all digital and printed materials. Oversee internal and external production of web, video and graphic design.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for The Pablove Foundation.
- Provide counsel to event and advisory committees on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Supervise Digital and Social Media Coordinator and department volunteers and interns.
- Minimum of five years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Literacy in the Microsoft Office suite and Google docs, email marketing programs,
the Adobe Creative Suite, basic HTML and CSS and/or content management systems such as WordPress.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Occasional travel is required. Must have valid driver’s license.
How to apply:
The Pablove Foundation requests your resume, cover letter and salary history be sent to email@example.com
Exceptional college students, high school students, and post-grads looking for real world experience are welcome to apply for a Pablove internship! Internship periods and time commitments are flexible depending on your school schedule, but we do ask that interns commit to at least 12 hours per week for three months. We’re happy to work with your school so you can earn credit towards your degree. Internship positions are available in Los Angeles, CA. See below for details.
Pablove Operations Intern
Want to see what it’s really like in the nonprofit world? Our Operations interns play an integral role in making Pablove’s day-to-day operations run as smooth as butter. This is the perfect opportunity for students and young professionals who are curious about a career with impact, but who want an all-encompassing experience before committing to a specific department in the nonprofit world. Your internship will give you direct access to meetings, projects and opportunities that are only available at a small organization like Pablove. Learn more…
Pablove Communications and Multimedia Intern
We’re a small team doing BIG things, and we’re looking for interns who match our creative spirit to help get the word out about fighting childhood cancer with love. Communications and multimedia interns get hands-on experience in our long- and short-term communications tactics and strategy. Interns acquire new, in-demand skills and written, design or video collateral for their portfolio. Learn more…
Pablove Shutterbugs Program Intern
Looking to gain hands-on experience with a fun, fast-paced nonprofit? Do you have a passion for youth programs and community outreach? Love photography? A program of The Pablove Foundation, Pablove Shutterbugs teaches children living with cancer to develop their creative voice through the art of photography. We are seeking dedicated, creative applicants to support our growing photography program.
If you are interested in participating in an environment where you will learn the day-to- day workings of a non-profit organization with an emphasis in arts education, then this is the internship for you! Learn more…
Pablove Development and Events Intern
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, has exceptional organizational skills and takes initiative on assigned projects. This internship will give you insight into how a growing non-profit approaches their development strategy. Enthusiasm and a passion for the cause is a must.