Pablove’s Marketing department is the creative and storytelling arm of the Foundation, directly serving the needs of the Program and Development teams to increase the resonance of our story and connect our mission to more supporters while informing and reinforcing our current donor base. Right now, the Marketing team is in an exciting place, as we are developing a new vision for how we share our story and engage others. This endeavor is informed by Pablove’s strategic plan and will directly translate into a brand refresh, new website, and update on all our creative, with the Marketing team leading these efforts. This is an exciting stage for our new team leader, who wants to work hard (and work with others) to redefine how Pablove is seen as an innovative and impactful organization. This position is critical in leading us to reach our strategic and yearly financial goals, especially as we increase engagement with new and existing constituents.
As Marketing Director, you will lead a high performing team and own all marketing, PR, media, and brand partnerships. You will lead the advancement of Pablove’s position in the marketplace. You play the critical role of creating high-visibility, high-impact marketing campaigns, partnerships, and initiatives that will foster a highly engaged public, which, in turn, will drive top-line revenue that is captured by the Development team. Your role as Marketing Director is essential in iterating and expanding our compelling brand and developing ongoing strategies that make the mission of Pablove resonate with a wider spectrum of society. By expanding and supporting the good work of the Foundation and its team and serving more people in the global community, we can achieve the Vision of Pablove: Helping kids with cancer live – a love-filled life today, and a cancer-free life tomorrow.
The Marketing Director reports to the CEO, with dotted lines to the VP of Programs and the VP of Development.
- Shape the big picture storyline that connects Pablove’s mission and approach of utilizing the arts and sciences to address pediatric cancer in a clear and compelling way. Lead the Marketing team to translate this creative throughline into actionable marketing campaigns and other engagement opportunities, and equip other staff to understand this clear vision and better represent the Foundation.
- Oversee the brand voice and look, including a refresh on all collateral and websites.
- Direct all copy, design, video, and other creative that represents the Pablove brand.
- Lead all major projects and annual campaigns within the marketing team.
- Utilize data and insights to continuously refine existing campaigns in order to increaseaudience awareness, procurement, and retention.
- Oversee the development of impactful co-marketing programs and revenue drivinginitiatives with brand partners.
- Create and manage the marketing team’s annual budget.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship of the PR Agency of Record and determine the rightstrategy to create awareness and consideration for Pablove.
- Lead PR plan development and execution.
- Liaise with the Executive Leadership Team, to build unique approaches that serve theprogrammatic and fundraising needs of the organization.
○ Build strategies that leverage the tools of PR, social media, communications, brand and strategic partnerships, and creative production to meet these goals.
- Hire, mentor, and grow a support team, determining the best ways to leverage their timeand talents to meet the needs of the Foundation. Provide guidance to this staff andencourage professional development and growth.
- Be a front-facing brand ambassador and help spark meaningful partnerships with theaim of drawing them into the Pablove community while meeting their philanthropic andstorytelling goals.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s Board of Directors, CEO, and Leadership Teams toanticipate big-picture opportunities and challenges, and how Marketing can play an essential role in meeting the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the field of marketing/communications/advertising industries is a must.
- A strong understanding of how to hire and lead a team with diverse skillsets across branding and design, PR, and communications.
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with.
- A network of strong relationships with marketing, advertising, and PR leaders.
- Outstanding communication and storytelling skills, articulate and persuasive, withwell-honed relationship building skills.
- Drive, sophistication and passion, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future ofthe marketing team and Pablove as a whole.
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills possessing the ability to represent Pablove to senior level partner stakeholders.
This is YOU
● You really like people!
You have a natural ability to form rewarding relationships with other people. You’re a skilled conversationalist who enjoys meeting new people; developing and maintaining relationships and making others smile. You are warm, likable, and engaging.
● You love a good story!
You’re a natural storyteller, able to weave things together to create an infectious and inspiring narrative. You take great pride in knowing that someone’s experience with The Pablove Foundation can start with you. You are eager to put your creative writing and visual storytelling to work to ensure that every person that connects with Pablove has a memorable experience.
● You go for it!
You have the experience and courage to execute on bold ideas. Your left brain and your right brain work together to execute strategies that combine creativity, artistic literacy, analytics, and business savvy.
● You know there is no “I” in TEAM!
You thrive in a creative, fast-paced, and energetic environment surrounded by original thinkers who are passionate about their work and mission. You like to listen and facilitate the growth of others. You embrace opportunities to collaborate and work cross-departmentally. You aren’t above getting your hands dirty or knowing that sometimes everyone has to just chip in (even on the weekends).
● You are passionate!
You want to help build and nurture The Pablove Foundation to help us fight childhood cancer with love.
The Pablove Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide healthcare, dental and vision, flexible spending account, 401K, unlimited vacation policy (just get your work done!), paid holidays, and killer summer bbq’s.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com.
Associate Director of Pablove Shutterbugs
A program of The Pablove Foundation, Pablove Shutterbugs teaches children to develop their creative voice through the art of photography. Pablove Shutterbugs is looking to expand our team as we continue to support program growth.
The Pablove Shutterbugs Associate Director reports to the Vice President of Programs. This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring our program’s effectiveness by planning, organizing, developing, and managing program activities.
All employees at The Pablove Foundation undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends. This position is required to travel.
Overall Programming & Staff
- Supervise, train and oversee Pablove Shutterbugs staff to ensure high-quality work, and the successful implementation of the programming strategy. Oversee work with volunteers and independent contractors to maintain high quality.
- Oversee and continually refine Pablove Shutterbugs evaluation processes.
- Lead streamlining of all systems related to Shutterbugs.
- Stay informed on best practices in arts education programming; ensure best practices are utilized in program development and evaluation.
- Oversee procedures and infrastructure to maintain legal compliance for arts programming.
- Oversee development of alumni engagement program. Oversee the execution of the alumni program, monitor the outcomes, and adjust the strategy as needed.
Development and Marketing Support
- Collaborate on development strategy, specifically focusing on how the development strategy supports all programming. Provide background information, historical context, and creative input as needed, including specific programming needs for donor cultivation, events, etc.
- Create and oversee refinement of boilerplate language for Shutterbugs
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department to generate updates on program impact.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department on the Pablove Print Shop website including cross-departmental initiatives that will generate visibility, brand loyalty, and increased interaction and sales from the general public.
- Collaborate and provide input and support on development strategy. Ensure proposals are accurate reflections of program outcomes and objectives.
- Oversee Los Angeles and nationwide Pablove Shutterbugs programs
- Oversee programming and logistics for the Pablove Shutterbugs print sales website.
- Site manage a portfolio of Pablove Shutterbugs locations including, but not limited to: Los Angeles (summer camp), New York, New Orleans, and Boston. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Interface and communicate with hospital partners, regional arts communities and other care facilities that serve children living with cancer to garner interest and participation in Pablove Shutterbugs
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Local Teaching Artists and volunteers
- Communicate with the Local Teaching Artist throughout the program to ensure successful programming at each site
- Work with families to ensure that they are properly informed about program activities
- Collect and process program evaluation data received from Pablove Shutterbugs stakeholders
- Oversee, help develop, and execute mentor and volunteer appreciation and retention programming in Los Angeles and across the country
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Programs, work on Pablove Shutterbugs strategy and operations in the following areas:
- Ensure a solid infrastructure
- Oversee the annual budget and cash flow while maintaining fiscal responsibility for Pablove Shutterbugs.
- Act as team liaison with development team on internal and external fundraising objectives
- Work with development team to produce program events as needed (e.g. Gallery Shows)
- Collaborate with marketing team to devise outreach and marketing strategies
- Create improvements, updates and streamline current systems
- Work across departments to ensure a solid outreach and online presence in the communities we serve
- Assist VP with reporting, improving program content and structure, and overall budget compliance for Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
Lead additional program administration and educational initiatives:
- Teach Shutterbugs classes when necessary
- Represent The Pablove Foundation in a variety of professional settings including, but not limited to: hospital visits, outreach events, and conferences
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. in fine arts, education, cultural, or liberal arts preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience in arts programming and working with youth
- Experience developing curriculum in an experiential setting required
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- A passion for the arts and an artistic eye
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with and managing databases preferred
- MAC proficiency strongly desired
- Experience with Adobe CS6 programs including Photoshop preferred
- Experience with CMS web design a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Annual Giving Manager – East Coast
The Annual Giving Manager – East Coast will work closely with all members of the Development team and report to the Vice President of Development. The Annual Giving Manager will be responsible for managing the Pablove Foundation’s East Coast fundraising activities, including Individual, Corporate, and Foundation support. The Annual Giving Manager will work remotely and reside in the New York City/New Jersey or Boston area, and will travel throughout the East Coast as needed, as well as to Los Angeles. The Annual Giving Manager will build Pablove’s presence on the East Coast, and advance Pablove’s mission to an expanding audience.
- Develop and manage all East Coast fundraising activities for The Pablove Foundation (currently New York City/New Jersey and Boston, with expansion to other cities in the future).
- Create meaningful relationships with existing Pablove donors and constituents, providing opportunities for continual engagement and support.
- Develop, manage and maintain an appropriate new donor prospect portfolio, ensuring that individuals are moving through the cultivation process in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Identify new prospects for our Major Donor program, The Lionhearted.
- Oversee and grow the New York/New Jersey and Boston Advisory Councils, comprised of local volunteers who work to increase awareness and raise funds for The Pablove Foundation. This will include setting annual strategic communications and fundraising goals, and developing a plan to meet and exceed those goals in concert with other Pablove staff.
- In conjunction with the Shutterbugs team, oversee all logistics for the annual New York and Boston Shutterbugs Gallery Shows (and other East Coast cities pending expansion). This includes venue, invitations, food and beverage, volunteer recruitment, liaising with Shutterbugs students and their families, and day-of-event logistics, among other tasks as they arise.
- Identify potential corporate and foundation partners, working closely with other Pablove staff to develop and execute thorough cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Work as a team member to implement and achieve the strategic fundraising goals for The Pablove Foundation.
- Undertake other duties as needed; this position will require flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends. Travel will be required.
- At least 3 years experience, preferably in nonprofit fundraising
- Knowledge of best practices in fundraising.
- Experience overseeing an Annual Fund and working closely with Individual donors.
- Understanding of donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship best practices.
You’re a self starter.
As the East Coast Manager for The Pablove Foundation, you’ll be working outside of Pablove HQ, and you’ll use your strong sense of self direction to work independently. You know when to make tough decisions, and exercise judgement. You know how to turn on a dime when priorities change and you can multi task with the best of them.
You know the eastern seaboard.
You have killer connections within the New York, New Jersey, and/or Boston communities, and have no problem darting between the two. You’re excited to grow Pablove’s brand, constituents, and over-all presence on the East Coast.
You know the nuts and bolts.
You’re organized and on top of the details; you’re able to construct and follow budgets, communicate and use a variety of cloud, database, and Microsoft applications.
You just get it!
You’ve got the enthusiasm, dedication, and sense of humor to contribute to and be part of an awesome team.
LOCATION: The Annual Fund Manager will work remotely and reside in the New York City/New Jersey or Boston area, and will be expected to travel throughout the East Coast as needed, as well as to Los Angeles.
BENEFITS: Pablove provides an employer contribution to PPO health, dental, and vision coverage, access to medical flex spending and 401k accounts, unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com. No shortcuts, if all three aren’t in your email, your application will not be considered.
Pablove Grant Writer – Part Time
The Pablove Foundation is currently searching for a part-time grant writer to join our team in early, 2017. The mission of The Pablove Foundation is to invest in underfunded, cutting-edge pediatric cancer research and improve the lives of children living with cancer through the arts. We help kids living with cancer live–a love-filled life today, and a cancer-free life tomorrow.
We’re looking for someone who can work 10-15 hours per week and manage our grant writing and reporting program, which will include:
- Conduct research on private and corporate foundations who have giving priorities that align with our mission
- Create and manage an annual grants calendar to include both submissions and reports
- Help us develop relationships with potential funders
- Write LOI’s and proposals
- Package grant applications and generate attachments as needed
- Prepare and submit timely reports
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to our mission to fight childhood cancer with love
- Live in Southern California
- Have successful experience raising grant funds for youth organizations, specifically around health-related issues
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Need minimal oversight
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume and three samples of successful grant proposals you’ve written to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please highlight the following areas:
- Why you are interested in working with The Pablove Foundation
- Your experience writing successful grants for youth organizations, with specific attention to health and/or cancer
At least five (5) current relationships you have with grant funders who may be interested in providing funding to Pablove
Pablove Marketing + Communications Intern
We’re a small team doing BIG things, and we’re looking for interns who match our creative spirit to help get the word out about fighting childhood cancer with love. Communications and multimedia interns get hands-on experience in our long- and short-term communications tactics and strategy. Interns acquire new, in-demand skills and written, design or video collateral for their portfolio.
- Writing, editing and proofreading newsletters, promotional materials and fundraising.
- Assisting with social media efforts, including but not limited to Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr and the Pablove blog.
- Tracking and measuring new and traditional media metrics.
- Web design and programming.
- Graphic design for web and print-based materials.
- Transcribing and cataloging video footage and photography.
- Editing video pieces and graphics for YouTube and Vimeo.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A genuine interest in a career in communications, social media, web design, graphic design, film and editing, or all of the above!
- Has some experience with software in their area of interest: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Final Cut Pro, iMovie, HTML. Mac proficiency a must.
- Keeps a healthy media diet, especially when it comes to the latest releases of social media platforms.
- Has strong writing and editing skills.
- Spanish-language skills a plus!
To apply: Email your resume + cover letter to email@example.com.
Pablove Development Intern
Are you interested in learning valuable development and event management skills and fighting childhood cancer with love? Then we want to meet you!
- Assisting with and attending fundraising events.
- Researching and requesting corporate and in-kind donations.
- Data entry and maintenance in Pablove database.
- Administrative tasks related to Development (e.g. mailings).
- Research project and presentation on topic of your own choosing related to Pablove’s mission and programming.
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, has exceptional organizational skills, and takes initiative on assigned projects. This internship will give you insight into how a growing non-profit approaches their development strategy. Enthusiasm and passion for the cause are a must. You must live in or be willing to relocate to Los Angeles.
To apply: Email your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pablove Events Intern
The Pablove Foundation has a busy and diverse calendar of annual fundraisers, including family events, gallery shows, sporting events, etc. Our Events Intern will play a crucial role in event production, build invaluable fundraising skills, and gain insight into the development strategy of a small non-profit doing big things in the fight against childhood cancer with love.
- Assisting in planning and executing fundraising events.
- Requesting in-kind donations.
- Data entry in the Pablove database.
- Administrative tasks including mailing, filing, etc.
- Researching potential community and corporate partnerships.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience using Mac computers, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative.
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable making cold calls and soliciting donations.
- The ability to conduct thorough research.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the Pablove cause: fighting childhood cancer with love!
- Interest in a career in event planning, production, and/or non-profit development.
Internships are 2-3 days per week (approximately 12-15 hrs) at our Hollywood office and last for the duration of at least a quarter or semester (3-4 months). Course credit is available upon request.
To apply: Email your resume + cover letter to Events Manager Lara Nassar at email@example.com.
Pablove Operations Intern
Want to see what it’s really like in the nonprofit world? Our Operations interns play an integral role in making Pablove’s day-to-day operations run as smooth as butter. This is the perfect opportunity for students and young professionals who are curious about a career with impact, but who want an all-encompassing experience before committing to a specific department in the nonprofit world. Your internship will give you direct access to meetings, projects and opportunities that are only available at a small organization like Pablove.
- Perform key volunteer roles at outreach and fundraising events by heading up volunteer teams and groups, representing the organization, and assisting staff.
- Learning aspects of nonprofit administration such as database entry, event management, and facilities and operations – a crucial skill for anyone looking for a career in nonprofits.
- Assist in key elements of nonprofit merchandising – including product development and research, sale strategies and third party collaborations.
- Pulling, organizing and fulfilling merchandise orders and event materials at the direction of the Operations Coordinator.
- Researching new ideas, keeping the office organized, and performing administrative tasks like welcoming our guests, filing, and being the voice on the phone behind the words, “Hello, Pablove Foundation. How can we help you?”
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A genuine interest in working for a nonprofit organization that is heavily involved with both health issues and the arts.
- Strong writing skills, a professional phone manner, and the ability to complete thorough and competent research.
- Initiative and creativity. Interns will be encouraged to generate new ideas and follow through on those opportunities during their assignment.
- Mac proficiency is important; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Docs a must.
- Spanish-language skills a plus!
To apply: Email your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pablove Shutterbugs Program Intern
Looking to gain hands-on experience with a fun, fast-paced nonprofit? Do you have a passion for youth programs and community outreach? Love photography? A program of The Pablove Foundation, Pablove Shutterbugs teaches children living with cancer to develop their creative voice through the art of photography. We are seeking dedicated, creative applicants to support our growing photography program.
If you are interested in participating in an environment where you will learn the day-to- day workings of a non-profit organization with an emphasis in arts education, then this is the internship for you!
What you will learn:
- How arts education professionals administer their programs.
- Logistics in planning and program execution including preparing materials for group photography classes with Pablove Shutterbugs students.
- How to create, market and maintain documents in our community outreach activities.
- Help plan and participate in a variety of program events and outreach campaigns.
We’re looking for an intern who can:
- Use Mac computers and work with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Conduct research for prospective partnerships with community organizations, higher education institutions, photographers, photography collectors, and galleries.
- Roll up their sleeves and assist with support tasks such as filing and mailing, maintaining program inventory, application processing, and general correspondence.
We pablove candidates who might:
- Have working knowledge of or enjoy photography.
- Speak Spanish.
Internships are 2-3 days per week (approximately 12-15 hrs) at our Hollywood office and last for the duration of a quarter or semester (3-4 months).
Course credit is available upon request.
Pablove Shutterbugs interns are paramount to the program’s success. We balance administrative duties with learning opportunities in a fast-paced, structured and supportive working environment.
To apply: Email your resume + cover letter to email@example.com